Disclaimer & Copyright
This website is copyright, all rights reserved. All graphics, textual, audio, and audiovisual material in this site is protected by Australian copyright law and international treaties. You may not copy, distribute, or use these materials except as necessary for your personal, non-commercial use. Any trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Devonport City Council views the protection of your privacy as an integral part of its commitment towards complete accountability and integrity in all its activities and programs. This statement outlines the privacy practices of Devonport City Council in relation to visits to any Council website.
Collection of Personal Information
Council will only collect personal information supplied by you to this web site when it is necessary to do so. The information will be used for purposes including but not limited to the following:
- To contact you where it is necessary to do so to aid in providing Council services requested by you such as obtaining a resident parking permit via our website.
- To contact you where it is necessary to do so to resolve issues relating to Devonport City Council services or functions which you have brought to our attention eg, where you have reported a matter you require to be resolved by Council such as a fallen tree branch via our website.
- To supply you with material concerning Council initiatives and programs where you have supplied personal information to Council for this purpose eg, where you have opted to be included on a mailing list for a Council publication via our website.
- To allow on-line financial transactions via an electronic payment system.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Council will take all necessary measures to prevent unauthorised access to or disclosure of your personal information.
External organisations to whom personal information is disclosed include Council’s contracted Service Providers who perform various services for and on behalf of the Council. Council also discloses personal information to external agencies in the course of investigating and defending of legal claims against Council.
These contractors have agreed to be bound by the provisions of the Personal Information Protection Act 2004. Information provided to these contractors is limited to contact details provided by you whilst contacting Council.
We will also ensure that your personal information is not disclosed to other individuals, institutions and authorities outside Council except if required or authorised by law or explicitly permitted by you.
Devonport City Council will not pass on your contact details to any external agencies or Councils unless you select to have your request and personal details forwarded.
Agencies we may need to forward your contact details to include:
- Department of State Growth
- Land Titles Office Tasmania
- Tasmania Police
- Public Records Office
All above mentioned agencies and Councils are subject to privacy legislation.
Access to Personal Information
Requests for access to documents containing personal information are managed under the Personal Information Protection Act 2004 and should be addressed to:
The Privacy Officer
Devonport City Council
PO Box 604
Devonport TAS 7306
Phone: (03) 6424 0511
Correction of Personal Information
If you wish to alter any personal information you have supplied to Council or have any other enquiries concerning Council's privacy procedures whilst using this site you should telephone Devonport City Council on (03) 6424 0511 or direct enquiries via email to firstname.lastname@example.org